Biltmore Estate Frozen Over

Saturday, January 10, 2015






Everyone has that one semester in college that hits them like a ton of bricks. This past semester was difficult to say the least, and I was more than glad to kick its butt to the curb in 2015. Now that the New Year is here I can't wait to blog more and spend less time stressing out over school, work, and life. My best friend came to visit me, and I knew just the place that I wanted to take her to. The Biltmore Estate is a getaway that screams blank slate and was just what I needed to start my year off. The grounds are gorgeous and have so many beautiful places to take photos. It was freezing outside, not literally freezing, but for the south it was COLD. The weather forced Elizabeth and I to wear layers on layers and it made for an interesting ensemble. I layered my fur coat on top of a black poncho on top of a knit kimono on top of a wool dress on top of a button-up collared shirt. So all in all, I was wearing five layers, plus leggings underneath. You lose most of your body heat from your head, or so I've heard, and the hat was amazing for blocking out the cold. I loved how cozy I felt all day, as if I were wrapped up in blankets.. Oh wait. Photos were taken by the amazing Elizabeth Speer.

Collared Shirt (teal, under dress:) H&M
Black Ribbed Knit Dress: Mossimo for Target  
Knit Long Sleeve Kimono: Francesca's 
Black and White Poncho: Forever 21
Coat (removable faux fur trim:) Christmas Gift, similar here 
Boots:Nine West
Gloves:Target
Liz's Blog: Divine2Define 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground