Simple Shift

Tuesday, August 12, 2014










When I saw this dress, I was on the fence about whether or not I needed it. I didn't have my "summer glow" at that time and the dressing room lighting wasn't doing me any favors. However, I knew my closet was lacking in the dress department so.... I got it. From $80 to the $20 I purchased it for, there was no reason to say no. Just for kicks I tried it back on today, and couldn't believe how different the color looked against my non-pasty skin. I had this dress styled with a belt and a statement necklace, and realized that it was best served with smaller details. Over-styling isn't my thing, and I wanted the look to be more classic and understated. The gold necklace I'm wearing matched beautifully with my ol' faithful pear earrings and voila, an outfit was born. Oh, and how cool is it to have pockets on a dress! This outfit was actually a practice run for something I have coming up in a few weeks. More on that later. 

Dress: JCrew, also loving this one 
Heels: Franco Sarto
Necklace: Stella & Dot
Earrings: Vintage, similar here 

2 comments :

  1. No reason to say no, indeed! I think will be a classic you'll have in your closet for some time! It will even look adorable layered in the fall. You look adorable! XO

    Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground