Trees, Rafts, and Breathlessness: My Mountain Vacation

Monday, August 4, 2014

When I moved to DC, I promised myself that if asked to participate in something that I was able to do, that I would always say yes. Hesitance was my weakness, and by saying yes, I have opened myself up to countless opportunities. While on vacation I checked many things off of my summer bucket list, and was challenged to do something I was terrified of. On this trip I went White Water Rafting! I hit my head pretty hard but still had the time of my life and plan on doing it again at the White Water Center here in Charlotte. We hiked up to an amazing waterfall that looked like a fairytale forest. One of my favorite things to do in the Smokeys is Cade's Cove: a scenic drive through countless acres of land filled with old cabins, wild bears, and spectacular photo opportunities. We always ride in the back of my dad's truck so that we don't miss anything. I got what I came on vacation for: beautiful sights of mountains and cell-phone free zones. I hiked, swam, rafted, shopped, but most importantly I lived this past week to the fullest. Take some time for yourself and get away from it all every once in a while. You don't have to go to the mountains to do that.

Until Next Time,

Lauren Elizabeth Millsaps












No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground