Days of the Week

Wednesday, August 6, 2014


One day some genius somewhere will create the Willy Wonka invention where you can taste what you see on a television or computer screen. Until then, I had to post about my absolute favorite ice-cream spot around Charlotte. Tony's Ice Cream in Gastonia, NC is all homemade, family-owned, and always packed out to the max. Now onto the outfit. When I saw this t-shirt in the JCrew of DC, it was full priced, and I couldn't justify it. When I saw it again in the JCrew back home, it was on sale and I had no excuse not to buy it. This t-shirt, emblazoned with Spanish weekdays, called my name and it is hands-down the softest shirt I own. The quality is amazing, and reminds me why I always turn to JCrew when it comes to the basic Tee. I tucked it into another staple from JCrew, this linen skirt. While I believe white is acceptable after labor day, linen is a summer fabric. As such, I knew it was time to use this skirt to its full potential and wear it for a wonderful day around town with 'mon mec.' The locket I'm wearing is an antique store find, and I can't help but think of the movie "Annie" every time I wear it. The biggest bargain find of all are the shoes I wore in this look. They were on sale at target for $5!

Until Next Time,

Lauren Elizabeth Millsaps

Tee: JCrew
Skirt: JCrew
Shoes: Mossimo 
Locket: vintage, similar here 
Earrings: Swarovski
Sunglasses: Karen Walker
Bag: Aldo (old), similar here

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground