No Elevator

Saturday, July 26, 2014





"There is no elevator to success; you have to take the stairs."I've been reading a book here lately that has an amazing idea about success. To be successful you have to take the stairs. Pass up the easy choices for the harder ones, and they will pay off in the end. This summer was the craziest one ever. I spent more hours than I could count in the library and learned to like coffee. I researched my heart out and gave all that I could to this fellowship. Giving up my summer seemed sad in the beginning, but through this project I scored a meeting with the dean of Duke Law School Admissions! Hard decisions lead to wonderful payoff in the end! For the Research Presentation I wanted to go bold to celebrate my freedom. I didn't intentionally match my poster, but apparently my subconscious didn't want to clash with my work. This dress looks great, but I bought it for the silky feel. Remember to "take the stairs" and watch as it pays off in the end.

Until Next Time,

Lauren Elizabeth Millsaps

Dress: Banana Republic (sold out) similar
Earrings: Swarovski
Shoes: Franco Sarto 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground